Sunday, May 01, 2011

The Mother´s Day


Top Secret! This Mother´s Day guide is just for kids!
Mom wants you to have nothing but the best. Why not return the favor this Mother´s Day and give her a gift she´ll adore? Just choose:

Idea Nº1: Breakfast in Bed
Idea Nº 2: Spa Retreat
Idea Nº 3: Sing a song.



Breakfast in Bed . Mom will swoon for French toast with tasty topping delivered to her bedside by a charming server. The finishing touches to this breakfast tray? A sunny arrangement of Tissue paper flowers and a custom newspaper brining her some very good news.


Make the French toast. Whisk together 4 large eggs, 1 cup of milk, 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract and a pinch of salt. Soak 4 slices thick bread in egg mixture. Heat 1and a half tablespoons unsalted butter and 1 tablespoon vegetable oil in a frying pan. Fry 2 slices of bread until golden, 3 to 4 minutes per side. Repeat.

Add a topping: -sliced bananas+ warmed chocolate + chopped toasted hazelnuts.
- blueberries + chopped toasted walnuts + maple syrup
- sliced strawberries + light-brown sugar + sweetened whipped cream

Make Mom a pretty bouquet that will stay fresh forever. Layer 5-by -15 cm sheets of tissue paper, alternating colors. Make 2, 5 cm wide accordion folds. Wrap 1 end of a pipe cleaner around the center of the folded paper, and twist to secure. Round the edges of the folded paper with scissors. Fan out folds and pull apart each layer of tissue paper to create petals.

Publish your own Mother´s Day newspaper. Download the clip art at marthastewart.com/mothers-day. Print on ivory paper, and add a drawing or a photo.

Spa Retreat. Bring the spa to Mom. Pamper her tired feet with a skin-softening soak. She´ll feel renewed after a healthy snack of fresh fruit and yogurt.

Refreshing Soaks. Whip up a footbath f mixing simple ingredients in a basin of warm water. After 15 minute soak, Mom will feel as if she´s walking on air.
Choose soak: -1 cup bath salts+ ½ cup whole milk + 2 green tea bags
- 1 cup whole milk + ¼ cup honey + rose petals.
- ¼ bath salts + 10 mint leaves + 4 rosemary springs.
Spa-tacular Snacks.
Fruit skewers. Shape melons and pineapples using a melon baller. Thread a few onto wooden skewers.
Coconutty mangoes. Roll mango wedges in toasted ground coconut.
Yogurt – honey. Stir together 1 cup plain yogurt and ½ cup honey until combined. Swirl in more honey if desired. Serve with fresh berries.

Sing a song. Sing this Mother Day song on family tunes or write it down in the beautiful Mother's Day card. Your mother will surely be touched.

Mothers Day Song
(Song by: Tom Gardener)

I don't remember much about when I was born
But I know you took care of me all day long
I see photos of me making mess after mess
Mother, when ever did you get any rest?

I'm glad you're my mother and I'm glad I'm your child
I'm sorry if sometimes I act way too wild
but I know you wouldn't have it any other way
I love you, Mom. Happy Mother's Day!

I managed to grow and you helped all the way
from diapers to bottles to grade after grade
though I don't say this often I wish I did
after all mom I am only a kid

You know I think you're pretty so don't take this wrong
but you look kind of tired pretty much all day long
you drive me all over like a New York city cab
by night time you look like you had it

Now that I'm older I look back and see
all that you did just because of me
you gave up a lot you know I know that now
I'll do the same for my kids someday

I'm glad you're my mother and I'm glad I'm your child
I'm sorry if sometimes I acted too wild
but I know you wouldn't have it any other way
I love you, Mom. Happy Mother's Day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment